A 10 day tour including cultural excursions to heritage sites, some optional walks, nights in the lushly green Ouirgane valley, a desert kasbah, a luxury desert camp and the fabled city of Marrakech and some of the most amazing scenery in the world.
Requested by and recommended for our regular walkers who want to bring non-walking partners and friends: we travel south from the fabled caravanserai city of Marrakech to the apricot coloured dunes of Merzouga, taking in some optional walking in the foothills of the Atlas, the incredible gorges of the Todra and Dades, visits to heritage sites, plus a night in the dunes.
This 10 day adventure for walkers and non-walkers alike offers -
- Nights in Ouirgane Eco Lodge in the foothills of the High Atlas, a desert kasbah, a riad in old medina of the fabled city of Marrakech, star-gazing in a luxury camp amongst the apricot coloured dunes of Erg Chebbi and family run auberges.
- Visits to heritage sites Tinmel Mosque, and the fortified city of Ait Benhaddou which lies on the ancient caravan route from Timbuktu - a striking example and perfect synthesis of the original earthen architecture of the pre-Saharan regions of Morocco (for more, with lots of photos as well as information we highly recommend - http://whc.unesco.org/en/list/444).
- An optional whole day walk and shorter walks of varied length through the small scale agriculture and dramatic gorges of the foothills of the High Atlas
- Heart warming Berber hospitality touring amongst the stunning scenery and dramatic highways of Morocco, south from Marrakech
- Visits to cooperatives of local saffron growers, a herbalist apothecary and local souks.
- Camel riding in the Sahara
- Plenty of time to explore the magical city of Marrakech, museums, gardens, souks and the bustling Jemaa Al-Fna Square, market by day and foodery by night
To find out more contact us using the form at the bottom of the page
What people say about our Morocco trips - I love the African continent. You organized it perfectly for me and I got to see and do exactly what I wanted R.G. Saghro trek 2019. Thank you very much for the caring, guiding hands you gave to our walking and camping on the trek. You and Mohamed did wonders with bringing us all together as a group and making the trek so very enjoyable, given some of us not being young and agile. S.G. Morocco Atlantic Coast Trek 2015. What a great holiday - it was a privilege to share it with you. C.B. Morocco Atlantic Coast trek 2013. Our Moroccan guides were excellent, and the tone – curiosity, flexibility, personal responsibility, openness, mutual kindness - was set by Paul and Fiona. I had a really good time J.A. 2012. Thank you for a wonderful trek in Morocco. Good food, music, camp fires, fab walking, good company, beautiful landscape - what more can life offer? A.N. 2013. A fabulous experience … it was a brilliant holiday! C.B. 2016