This is a 9 day itinerary offering:-
- 6 days of trekking accompanied by local guides and camel support, in the Jebl Bani and the impressive dunes of Chigaga, M'Hamid and Oulad Edriss (Trek grading moderate to strenuous).
- A night in a stylishly modernised desert kasbah with moroccan-french fusion evening meal
- A night a beautiful and tranquil riad in the old medina of Marrakech, close to the fabled and lively Jemaa El-Fna square with its food stalls, henna painters, snake charmers, story-tellers, astrologers and musicians.
- A night at a desert auberge at the edge of the great Sahara
- A visit to the fortified city and World Heritage site, Ait Benhaddou, which lies on the ancient caravan route from Timbuktu more on Ait Ben Haddou from UNESCO
- Plenty of time to explore the fascinating city of Marrakech with its labyrinth of souks, the vibrant Jemaa el-Fna Square, the Ben Youssef Medersa and the tranquil Majorelle Gardens which house the magnificent Islamic art collection of Pierre Berge and Yves Saint Laurent.
What people say - Our Moroccan guides were excellent, and the tone – curiosity, flexibility, personal responsibility, openness, mutual kindness - was set by Paul and Fiona. I had a really good time J.A. 2012. Thank you for a great trip, I thoroughly enjoyed it, great people, great team, good food and beautiful scenery. J.W. 2016
To find out more contact us using the form at the bottom of the page