MOROCCO: Desert Trekking
A ten day tour including nights in a desert kasbah and in a tranquil riad in the heart of the fabled city of Marrakech, 8 days of moderate trekking with some strenuous sections
Postponed until February – March 2023
An adventure south of the great Atlas mountains, accompanied by local guides and camel support, in the Jebl Bani and the impressive dunes of Chigaga, M'Hamid and Oulad Edriss. Clear skies filled with bright stars and the silence of the desert...
This is a 10 day itinerary offering:-
- 8 days of trekking accompanied by local guides and camel support, in the Jebl Bani and the impressive dunes of Chigaga, M'Hamid and Oulad Edriss (Trek grading moderate to strenuous).
- A night in a stylishly modernised desert kasbah with moroccan-french fusion evening meal
- A night a beautiful and tranquil riad in the old medina of Marrakech, close to the fabled and lively Jemaa El-Fna square with its food stalls, henna painters, snake charmers, story-tellers, astrologers and musicians.
- A night at a desert auberge at the edge of the great Sahara
- A visit to the fortified city and World Heritage site, Ait Benhaddou, which lies on the ancient caravan route from Timbuktu more on Ait Ben Haddou from UNESCO
- Plenty of time to explore the fascinating city of Marrakech with its labyrinth of souks, the vibrant Jemaa el-Fna Square, the Ben Youssef Medersa and the tranquil Majorelle Gardens which house the magnificent Islamic art collection of Pierre Bergé and Yves Saint Laurent.
What people say - Our Moroccan guides were excellent, and the tone – curiosity, flexibility, personal responsibility, openness, mutual kindness - was set by Paul and Fiona. I had a really good time J.A. 2012. Thank you for a great trip, I thoroughly enjoyed it, great people, great team, good food and beautiful scenery. J.W. 2016
To find out more contact us using the form at the bottom of the page
"This was one of the best holidays I have had, wonderful walks superbly organised and managed by Paul and Fi, and such good humour and company in the group, so many good conversations and just the happy feeling of being together... and so, from the mountains, we returned refreshed as Dr Johnson remarked in his A Journey to the Western Isles" — R.W. - Winter Walking 2011